Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wreck

I wandered down the dusty road,
my burden heavy, large my load.


There were so many paths to take,

I ventured some, for their own sake.


They led to nowhere good I saw,

but yet my heart screamed out for more.


Fingertips toyed a sharp switch blade,

whispered voices, a dodgy trade.


Yet the feeling, being alive,

sweat pouring, heart in overdrive.


Evil ones, they had sought my soul.

they dragged me down unto Sheol.


Most everything was mine to break,

still this feeling I couldn't shake.


That this was not what I had known,

I'd followed not, what I'd been shown.


I turned once more to walk the way,

but emptiness plagued every day.


I sought to regain back the past,

was the real answer found in grass?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so powerful man. I think the answer may be found in Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man,

    but you only 'think'? I know for sure.

    I wrote that ages ago, it wasn't originally planned to end there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I dunno... depends what the question is... anyway, we all do our best what we know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jesse. I like the feeling of your poems.. but are you really the 'misunderstood poet'?

    "you only 'think'? I know for sure." - being a 'good christian girl' my whole life sometimes makes me forget how awesome Jesus is.

    ReplyDelete